Monday, March 3, 2008

Dinner w/ Tonya

Tonya McClain and I met for dinner in DC last night and had a wonderful time. We dined at Sequoia (3000 K Street) where the food was ok, but the company was great. For me it brought back a flood of wonderful memories.

Tonya had all her stuff from 26 years ago and we poured over it.

The 1982 yearbook has the wonderfully original Stacey Moore artwork ( a collectors item to be sure). Tonya and I agreed that it was time to digitize these and she is going to endeavor to get that done. When finished she'll send me the results so I can put them online for all to see.

One of the topics of discussion that came up was how we were surprised at how (seemingly) little adult supervision we were subjected to. We marveled at the things we "got away with" at ages 12 & 13 respectively. Fellow campers, do you folks remember it that way too?

Perhaps some of the staff can respond? What were you guys doing when we were sneaking out at night?

We laughed and laughed at our collective memories. I must say, a huge grin appeared on my face when she reminded me of the time that Mattew Mintz sent all of David Saenz' possessions floating down the Buttlick on a mattress. Matthew, I can't remember why you did that, but I do
remember how mad you were. I seem to remember being an un-indicted co-conspirator. Can you tell the story?

I'm having lunch with Mattew at 11:30 today...

Hope to see others of you soon.

Cheers!

Alex

1 comment:

Adam Freeman said...

I went to Bronco Junction in the early 70's. Probably 1972-1973. Anyone from that time period. Adam Freeman