Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Catching Up

As Tonya suggests, it would be a great idea if everyone could let us all know what you have been up to for the last 26 years or so. If Alex's implementation of my suggestion worked (boy you act fast Alex!), then you should all receive this as an email.

To post to the blog, you simply need to go to http://bronchojunction.blogspot.com/
and sign in.

Earlier today, Alex sent the rest of you invitations to the blog. You will create your own password (your email is your log in). On the Dashboard, just click on New Post under the Camp Bronco Junction Alumni Blog, and type away!
For savy users, you are certainly welcome to add pictures, etc. (Below is a slide show of my family's winter trip to the Carribean.) However, just letting everyone know what you have been up to would be great.

My timeline.....
1982 Last summer at Bronco Junction (who knew it would be the last)
1986 Need to get away from overprotective parents who limit college choices to east of the Mississippi River. I attend the U. of Chicago
1990 Decide I want to be close to home (and that it's too freakin' cold in Chicago) so start medical school at The George Washington University
1994 Start my internal medicine and primary care residency at GW.
1997 Asked to stay an extra year as Chief Medical Resident
1998 Decide to stay at GW as full time faculty in the Department of Medicine, which is where I am now.
1999 Get married. My wife Julie is a teacher by training, though is currently staying at home with occaisional substitute work. Also, buy a house in Rockville, Maryland (10 minutes from my folks).
2001 Allison (now 6.5- though I suppose you can do the math) is born
2004 Natalie ( 4 next week) arrives

Currently, I split my time at GW between seeing patients and teaching the medical students. I direct several courses, including the primary care rotation for our 3rd year students. I have done some research/writing in several areas including asthma. (For those interested, I have two frequently cited articles on the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and have authored a book for priamry care physicians in treating respiratory disorders).

Recently, I started my own blog which is designed for my patients, friends and family; who are always asking me about the latest study or health item they heard about in the paper or on TV. The media can be confusing and scary, so hopeful people will find my blog helpful.


No comments: